ESG fundamentals for advisors
Our new online course will help you understand environmental, social and governance issues so you can have informed conversations with your clients. Plus, you’ll get 2 CE credits for completing it.
Three quarters of Canadian investors are interested in responsible investing and want their advisors to talk to them about it.¹
That’s why we’ve created a new 2-part online course that offers 2 CE credits and is designed to help you get the knowledge you need to discuss environmental, social and governance factors with your clients!
By taking this course you’ll learn about:
- The 3 factors that make up ESG
- ESG and lower environmental risk
- The sustainability ecosystem
- ESG history, growth and trends, and much more!
All lessons are easy to follow, include video tutorials and have simple quizzes throughout to keep you on top of your learnings. We will also explore some definitions and key ESG approaches, as well as trends driving the evolution of sustainable investing.
This course is available on the Manulife CE Centre and is the newest addition to the 200+ digital courses in our library for advisors.
1 Source: Responsible Investment Association (2021). 2021 RIA Investor Opinion Survey: Canadian Investor Perspectives on the Energy Transition.
How to access the course:
Depending on your access, there are two options to reach this course.
1. Manulife ID
- If you have a Manulife ID, click here to access ESG fundamentals for advisors.
- Sign in using your Manulife ID and password, after which you’ll be redirected directly to the course page.
- By signing in with your Manulife ID, completion of this course will appear in your course history and you will be able to access all of your CE credits as well as other courses in our library.
2. New user: Manulife CE Centre
- If you don’t have a Manulife ID? Click here to access ESG fundamentals for advisors.
- You’ll be prompted to register for an account using your name, email and valid dealer/rep code.
- Once registered, you can find the course in the “featured courses” section of the home page.
- This course is accessible only to licensed advisors and insurance advisors in Canada.
- Upon completion, you will be able to access your CE credits from the Manulife CE Centre.
Each course qualifies for 1 CE credit for a total of 2 CE credits upon completion of the 2-part series. You will earn credits from the following governing bodies: IIROC, IAFE, FP Canada, CSF, AIC, IQPF, MFDA, and ICM.
For additional information and resources on sustainability, visit our sustainability web page